We have an exciting opening for a Software Engineer at our office in Laguna Hills, CA. The new appointee will develop software to support the scientific staff in implementation, investigation and analysis of laboratory-based experiments and various engineering problems. The successful candidate must have good communication skills to understand the software requirements, work under moderate supervision while applying technical skills and judgment to solve software problems encountered during the course of the experimental/analytical investigation. The appointee is expected to prioritize time to stay on schedule, be proactive in documenting the results and findings, and in communicating them to the scientific staff.
- Participate in algorithm development
- Recommend software approaches for problem solving
- Write, test, document, and debug software
- Examine existing software and make recommendations for improvement
- Develop timelines and resources to implement solutions for the project execution
- Document findings/results and analyze for reporting
- Interface with other technical stuff to jointly investigate and solve engineering problems
- Prepare technical presentations for internal use and for customers
- B.S./M.S. in engineering or equivalent.
- Elementary understanding of optics, lens design, optical systems design
- Experience with interfacing electronics
- Experience with optical design software
- Experience in image processing and software coding using C/C++/Python/Matlab
- Highly-motivated and a self-starter with ability to quickly absorb new concepts and subsequent application within prescribed timelines and resources
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, and the ability to work in a team towards a larger company objective
MetroLaser offers highly competitive compensation and fringe benefit package for employees that includes retirement plans with matching contributions, health, dental and vision benefits, generous paid vacation and sick leave, and a highly intellectual and challenging work environment.
MetroLaser is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must be U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents as required by Department of Defense contracts. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.