We have an exciting opening for an Optical Spectroscopy Specialist at our office in Laguna Hills, CA. The new appointee is expected to design, construct, and perform experiments involving optical spectroscopy in the fields of environmental science, and industrial/aerospace/mechanical engineering. The successful candidate is expected to work under moderate supervision while using technical skills and judgment to solve problems encountered during the course of the experimental/analytical investigation. The appointee is expected to prioritize time to stay on schedule, be proactive in documenting the results and findings, and in communicating them to the scientific staff. He/she is expected to work as a part of a team and may also lead efforts with other engineers and technicians.
- Design, analysis and construction of optical systems using lasers and detectors for spectroscopic measurements
- Develop timelines and resources to develop diagnostic methods and implement measurements
- Layout of breadboard for experimental work and instrument development
- Document findings/results and analyses for reporting for internal use and customers
- Interface with other technical stuff to jointly investigate and solve engineering problems
- MS/Ph.D. in Sciences/Engineering (Mechanical/Aerospace) or equivalent, with 2 or more years of work experience after the PhD degree or 4 or more years of experience after the MS degree.
- Thorough understanding of optics, lasers and detectors
- Working knowledge of spectroscopic methods such as emission/absorption spectroscopy, laser-induced fluorescence, Raman scattering, Rayleigh scattering, Coherent AntiStokes Raman scattering (CARS), etc.
- Experience with short-pulsed and ultra-short pulsed lasers, and high-speed cameras
- Experience with laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, data acquisition systems, pulse generators and spectrometers
- Experience in image processing and software coding using C/C++/Python/MATLAB
- Experience with LabVIEW and SOLIDWORKS programming
- Highly-motivated and a self-starter with ability to quickly absorb new concepts and subsequent application within prescribed timelines and resources
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills, and the ability to work in a team towards a larger company objective
MetroLaser, Inc. offers a highly competitive compensation and fringe benefit package for employees that includes retirement plans with matching contributions, health, dental and vision benefits, generous paid vacation and sick leave, and a highly intellectual, work environment.
MetroLaser is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents as required for Department of Defense contracts. Please email your resume to email@example.com.